The Graduate ELL Program is excited to invite Rutgers international graduate students to join the "Educational Diversity Around the World: Global Perspectives on Teaching and Learning" scheduled for Spring 2021 (exact date, TBD).
Proposal deadline is December 22, 2020
Sponsored by the Graduate ELL Program at the Rutgers English Language Institute, this interdisciplinary graduate student forum opens a space for Rutgers international graduate students to share and discuss personal narratives of lived experiences with higher education in a global context. We invite international graduate students across graduate programs to submit a proposal for a 10-minute presentation, engaging with one (or more) of the following topics:
- experiences with teaching, learning, and the educational system in your country of origin
- cross-cultural experiences of studying at a U.S. university
- opportunities and challenges as an international graduate student and scholar
- issues and problems facing education in a global context
- challenges for the internationalization of higher education and online learning in light of the COVID-19 pandemic
- improving advising and support for international graduate students
Proposals should include the following:
- presentation title
- name/email of presenter
- Rutgers department affiliation
- an abstract (100 words max)
- description of the presentation (500 words max).
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL BY EMAIL TO:
Mark Keitges, Director of Graduate ELL Program @RELI
All proposals must be received by December 22nd. Applicants will be notified by email of proposal decision.
Note: Presentations will be conducted on Zoom. Creativity and use of multimedia in presentation format is highly encouraged.