The Rutgers English Language Institute (RELI) supports multilingual English language learners in all stages of their academic careers: pre-undergraduate, undergraduate, graduate, and professional. We strive to create a community of university partners by fostering cross-cultural and cross-linguistic programming across Schools and Programs, contributing to Rutgers University’s efforts to become a truly global institution.
To embody this mission, we intend to:
- Provide instruction to develop academic discourse in English
- Support and promote linguistic diversity
- Develop translingual and transcultural curricular initiatives
- Create community of support and connection for students
- Serve as a resource for creating culturally responsive classrooms and programs
- Contribute to global initiatives and programming